Welcome to StockCharts.com's "ChartSchool." Here you can learn all about the analysis of stock charts (also called "Technical Analysis"). This section of our site is continually growing as we add more and more articles and information so check back often and send us your feedback so we can make ChartSchool even better.
- Overview of Financial Analysis -
Articles that help you understand what Technical Analysis is and is not, what Fundamental Analysis is, why someone should analyze securities at all, and more.
- Charts and Chart Analysis Methods -
Articles that describe the various kinds of financial charts and methods for analyzing them including trendline analysis, support and resistance, chart pattern analysis, Point & Figure charts, Kagi and Renko charts, Japanese Candlestick charts and more.
- Technical Indicators and Overlays -
Detailed articles about all of the technical indicators, market indicators and chart overlays used on StockCharts.com.
- Trading Strategies and Guidelines -
Articles about how to use technical analysis to make better trading decisions.
- Glossary -
Definitions of the charting terms used at StockCharts.com.
- Videos -
Our educational video library.
Articles about how to use the different kind of charting tools on StockCharts.com:
- SharpCharts - our standard charting tool
- ChartNotes - our tool for adding annotations to your charts
- PerfCharts - our interactive performance graph
- Point & Figure Charts - the charts with the X's and the O's
- The Scan Engine - our stock screening tool
- MarketCarpets - our visual sector performance tool
Here are some other great places to learn more about using StockCharts.com and Technical Analysis: