This section describes the various kinds of financial charts that we provide here at StockCharts.com. There are articles that describe how the charts are constructed and how they can be used to make better investing decisions.
- What Are Charts? - What charts are, how to pick time frame's, how charts are formed, and price scaling.
- Support and Resistance - What support and resistance are, where they are established, and methods used.
- Trend Lines - What trend lines are, scale settings, validation, angles, and more.
- Gaps and Gap Analysis - A gap is an area on a price chart in which there were no trades. Gaps show that something important has happened to the fundamentals of or the mass psychology surrounding a stock.
- Introduction to Chart Patterns - A brief review of what chart patterns are, and how to recognize them.
- Chart Patterns - A collection of articles describing common chart patterns.
- Introduction to Candlesticks - An overview of candlesticks, including history, formation, and key patterns.
- Candlesticks and Support - How candlestick chart patterns can mark support levels.
- Candlesticks and Resistance - How candlestick chart patterns can mark resistance levels.
- Candlestick Bullish Reversal Patterns - Detailed descriptions of bullish reversal candlestick patterns
- Candlestick Bearish Reversal Patterns - Detailed descriptions of common bearish reversal candlestick patterns.
- Candlestick Pattern Dictionary - A comprehensive list of common candlestick patterns.
- Arms CandleVolume - A price chart that merges candlesticks with EquiVolume boxes.
- CandleVolume - A price chart that merges candlesticks with volume.
- Elder Impulse System - A trading system that color codes the price bars to show signals.
- EquiVolume - Price boxes that incorporate volume. How to use and interpret EquiVolume boxes.
- Heikin-Ashi - A candlestick method that uses price data from two periods instead one one.
- Kagi Charts - How to use and interpret Kagi charts.
- Point and Figure Charts - How to use and interpret Point and Figure charts.
- Renko Charts - How to use and interpret Renko charts.
- Three Line Break Charts - How to use and interpret Three Line Break charts.
- Andrews' Pitchfork - Drawing, adjusting and interpreting this trend channel tool.
- Fibonacci Retracements - Defines Fibonacci retracements and shows how to use them to identify reversal zones.
- Fibonacci Arcs - Shows how Fibonacci Arcs can be used to find reversals.
- Fibonacci Fans - Explains what Fibonacci Fans are and how they can be used.
- Fibonacci Time Zones - Describes Fibonacci Time Zones and how they can be used.
- Quandrant Lines - Defines Quadrant Lines and shows how they can be used to find future support/resistance zones.
- Raff Regression Channel - A channel tool based on two equidistant trendlines on either side of a linear regression.
- Speed Resistance Lines - Shows how Speed Resistance Lines are used on charts.