StockCharts - Instructional Videos
- Getting Started With StockCharts.com
Seven things all StockCharts users need to know.
- Log-in, Learning and Support
How to log in, recover a lost password and get answers to your other questions.
- "How I Analyze the Markets"
John Murphy's approach to analyzing the markets using StockCharts.com.
- Trends and Patterns
John Murphy discusses trends and patterns in charting.
Arthur Hill discusses using Candlestick charts effectively.
- Ratio Ticker Symbols
Using Ratio Ticker Symbols to create relative strength charts
- SCTR - StockCharts Technical Rank
Using StockCharts' SCTR values to analyze relative technical strength.
- Market Summary Page
This tutorial shows how to access the Market Summary, change the viewing mode, open-close columns and create charts. We also explain the four different viewing modes.
- SharpCharts Basics
This tutorial will get you started with SharpCharts. Learn how to create charts, find symbols, change the periods, use auto refresh and inspector, share a link, access historical data and more.
- Chart Attributes Part 1: Basic Costomization
This tutorial covers date range settings, the date ranger, extra bars, the different period settings, the different price plots, price colors, opacity setting and the gap function.
- Chart Attributes Part 2: Advanced Customization
This tutorial covers chart sizing, color schemes, gridline options, y-axis legends, volume options, full quote, zoom thumbnail, solid candles and more.
- Overlays and Indicators Part 1: The Basics
This tutorial shows how to add/remove indicators, set the parameters, position above, below or behind, customize the style and color, and add an indicator to an indicator.
- Overlays and Indicators Part 2: Advanced Topics
This tutorial shows how to create shaded Bollinger Bands, inverted charts, an AD Line, a displaced moving average and how to use the ratio function, minus function, price same-scale indicator and up-down pair indicator.
- Adding Overlays to Volume Bars
How to add a moving average of volume to a SharpChart.
- Saving SharpCharts in Your Account
Storing and managing SharpCharts inside your account.
- Creating and Using ChartStyles
Creating and using ChartStyles and StyleButtons.
- Candlestick Options for SharpCharts
All things candlestick: up/down colors, filled versus hollow, black-filled, red-hollow, solid candles and CandleVolume.
Additional Analysis Tools
- Sector Summary
Quickly find strong stocks in strong industries in strong sectors.
- Point & Figure Charts
Chip Anderson talks about Point & Figure Charts and how they work.
- All About PerfCharts
This tutorial covers creating PerfCharts, resizing, the date slider, histogram and line views, selecting and deselecting symbols, absolute versus relative performance and the cycle line.
- Point and Figure Charting - Basics
Creating and using P&F charts (Part 1)
- Point and Figure Charting - Advanced
Creating and using P&F charts (Part 2)
- Using CandleGlance Groups
Creating and using CandleGlance charts.
- MarketCarpets - The Basics
Using MarketCarpets to find stocks that stand out.
- MarketCarpets - Advanced Techniques
Additional ways to use our MarketCarpet tool.
- Dynamic Yield Curve
Using our Dynamic Yield Curve tool.
- Editing Your ChartList
Arthur Hill discusses how to edit your ChartList.
- ChartList Viewing Options
This tutorial shows chartists how to navigate the six different viewing options: Scroll, Summary, 10 per page, ChartBook, MarketCarpet and CandleGlance. We will also cover the print and edit options.
- ChartPacks, Getting Started
Installing and using ChartPacks.
- Managing ChartLists within the ChartList Framework - part 1
An introduction to the StockCharts ChartList Framework (Part 1)
- Managing ChartLists within the ChartList Framework - part 2
An introduction to the StockCharts ChartList Framework (Part 2)
- ChartNotes - Drawing Lines
Adding trendlines and support/resistance lines to your charts using ChartNotes.
- ChartNotes - Drawing Boxes, Triangles and Circles
Adding shapes to your chart using ChartNotes.
- ChartNotes - Fibonacci Tools
Aadding Fibonacci lines to your charts using ChartNotes.
- ChartNotes - Cycles, Forks and Channels
Using ChartNotes to add cycles, channels and pitchforks to your charts.
- ChartNotes - Modifying Line Annotations
Updating and modifying your chart annotations.
- ChartNotes - Elliott Wave Labels, Chart Extensions and More
Adding Elliott Wave Labels, Chart Extensions and more.
Scanning & Alerts
- Advanced Scan Workbench - The Basics
Using the Advanced Scan Workbench.
- Advanced Scan Workbench - Viewing Results
Managing your custom scan results.
- Advanced Scan Workbench - Managing Scans
Creating and saving custom technical scans.
- Writing Scans - Syntax
Writing custom technical scans using the Advanced Scan Workbench (Part 1)
- Writing Scans - Coding
Writing custom technical scans using the Advanced Scan Workbench (Part 2)
- Writing Scans - Conditions and Signals
Writing custom technical scans using the Advanced Scan Workbench (Part 3)
- Writing Scans - Validating and Debugging
Writing custom technical scans using the Advanced Scan Workbench (Part 4)
- Pre-Defined Technical Alerts
Where to find our Pre-Defined Technical Alerts.
- User-Defined Technical Alerts
Creating your own custom Technical Alerts.