Hello Fellow ChartWatchers!
The markets continue to power higher with the S&P 500, Nasdaq and Wilshire 5000 all joining the Dow Jones Industrials in the "Above the 200-Day Moving Average" club. The Dow is now challenging its big overhead resistance area around 17,750. Last November, it faltered just below 18,000. Will history repeat itself? Check out last Saturday's webinar for more details on where things might be headed (and please join me for next Saturday's webinar too!).
Today's Big Announcement:
ChartCon 2016 is Coming in September and it will be "Virtual"
Today, I am thrilled to announce that we will be holding another ChartCon this year and that, unlike previous ChartCons, you don't need to spend lots of time and money to attend since we will be broadcasting this one over the Internet straight to your computer!
While the previous ChartCons have been wonderful events, attendence has been limited due to the cost of travel and the time commitment needed to fly to the conference. Ever since the last ChartCon in 2014, we have been working on finding ways to allow more people to participate and now, thanks to improvements in event streaming technologies, we are now able to hold a virtual conference that is every bit as good as our previous ones (at a much lower cost to you too!).
Because this is ChartCon, you'll be able to see live presentations from all of our regular commentators including John Murphy, Martin Pring, Arthur Hill, Tom Bowley, Greg Schell, Erin Heim, Bruce Fraser, Gatis Roze, Greg Morris, Grayson Roze and myself. And because this is ChartCon, you'll be able to interact with the presenters (albeit via your computer) during exclusive live Q&A sessions immediately after their presentations.
The theme of this year's event is "Putting It All Together: Creating Technical Trading Systems that Work for You"
Many of the presentations will be focused on different ways to use charts and technical analysis to find stocks with great potential, purchase them at the right price, manage your open positions, and sell them when the time is right. My goal is to have everyone who attends ChartCon 2016, come away inspired to incorporate technical analysis into every aspect of their investing. Check out some of the presentations we are currently working on for you:
- Arthur Hill: "Creating and Running a Momentum Strategy"
- Gatis Roze: "25 Years, 25 Essential Lessons for Achieving Stock Market Mastery"
- Greg Morris: "Questionable Practices and Why Technical Analysis Works"
- Greg Schnell: "Why SCTRs May Be the Last Indicator You Ever Need"
- Tom Bowley: "Learning from the Past: How History Impacts Investing"
- Grayson Roze: "How Cognitive Biases are Sabotaging Your Investing Every Day"
- Erin Heim: "Using DecisionPoint's Timing Signals to Improve your Portfolio"
- Chip Anderson: "How to Hold a Really Interesting Two-Day Conference via the Internet"
- and much, much more.
OK, OK - you caught me - I'm still coming up with a title for my talk as are the remaining presenters, but rest assured they will all be awesome. Grayson and I will also serve as your Masters of Ceremony.
The planning for this event has been underway for quite some time. It is actually very similar to the planning that goes into a live television show. We will have live presentations, screencasts, interactive interviews, behind-the-scenes segments, "commercials", roving reporters, web polls, Twitter feeds, chat rooms and anything else we can come up with to keep things interesting, educational and interactive.
Here are the key things you need to know:
- Dates: Friday, September 23th and Saturday, September 24th
- Cost: $199.95 per person - no travel, no hotel, no restaurants, no additional fees whatsoever!
- Technology Needed: Any Internet connected computer with a web browser. If you can watch YouTube videos, you'll be able to watch the ChartCon live stream. A limited version of the live conference will also be available via mobile devices.
- Presenters: See the list above
- What's Included: Access to the live broadcast and conference website. Access to conference recordings and documents. A ChartCon "achievement" for your StockCharts account. Exclusive access to live presenter Q&A sessions and much, much more.
Here are some frequently asked questions about ChartCon 2016:
- Q: Can I just order a video recording of the conference?
A: The video recording of the conference will be available for sale 6 months after the conference. (Conference attendees will get the recordings much sooner.)
- Q: What is the refund policy?
A: Full refunds are available up until the day of the conference.
- Q: Is there a limit to the number of people who can attend?
A: Yes! Please don't wait until the last second to sign up - we may be out of room!
- Q: Are there any special pricing for "early birds"?
A: No. We've priced this conference very low from the outset.
- Q: Can I attend ChartCon 2016 in person?
A: In general, no. We are considering making a very small number of seats available for purchase via auction. Please let me know if you are interested.
We would really love to see you in September at ChartCon 2016. If you are interested in participating, please click on the link below and send us your email address. Next week, we will send you specific details for registering.
See you there! (well... sort of)